Within COR, we have the estimates section, which allows us to have in one place all the quotes of the products and services we offer to our customers and also to associate them to the projects and tasks we are working on. We should clarify that the "Estimates" service is not included in COR's traditional licenses and must be hired as an additional service by notifying the administration department or the assigned CSM.
- Creating and Editing Budgets
- Change Status
- Budget Deletion
- Bulk Actions
- General Estimates Settings
- Internal Services (Services / Products)
To create a new budget, go to the "Estimates" panel and then click on the "New Budget" button.
Once inside the section of creation of the new budget we will be able to complete the data in 4 stages:
- General Information.
- Additional Information.
As we complete each of the stages, the next one will be enabled.
If we want to edit a budget already generated, we must look for it in the list of the section and enter by clicking on any part of the budget or from "View" in the 3 small dots on the right. You can also change the status or delete it (these last two actions can also be performed from "Mass Actions" by selecting the items to be modified).
Below we will detail the fields to be completed at each stage of the creation or edition of a budget (in this case we will work on an already created budget). In this section we will have different options to add the details of our budget and any changes we make in these fields will be saved automatically.
- Name: We will type or edit the name of the budget.
- Client: In this dropdown, we will visualize all the active clients for which we have access.
- Brand: After selecting the client to which the budget corresponds, we can type or select the brand in the drop-down menu.
- Product: After selecting the brand, we can type or select the products associated with it.
- Creation date: This is the day of issuance / creation of the budget. By default, "today" will be selected.
- Expires On: Budget validity date (if necessary and as contemplated by the agency or the client).
- Jobnumber: This is a field that allows us to relate the budget to a particular project. This value can be typed in and also, if the project already exists in COR and has the "ID / Work Order" assigned, we can click on the pencil to select it in the dropdown.
- Task ID: This is a field that will allow us to paste or type the ID of a task that is related to our budget.
- Currency: It is possible to select / change the currency in which the budget will be issued. The base currency will appear by default.
- Description: Details of the budget, which will appear below the title when downloading the PDF. In the section Settings > Estimates Defaults, we can save a general description to appear by default in all the estimates.
- Internal Services: In this section you can add the details of the services provided to the client by the agency. We can create a new internal service or select one already created from the "Internal Services" button in the "Estimates" panel on the upper right margin.
Each of the fields can be modified from the same section with the exception of the "Tax" and "Rate" fields, these two fields are modified from the "Internal Services" section in the "Estimates" panel when creating the service as long as we have informed these in the account configuration from Settings > Estimates Defaults.
Observations: Allows us to add final clarifications of the quotation; for example, what is included, what is not included, the validity time, etc. In the section Settings > Estimates Defaults, we can save a general observation to appear by default in all the estimates. In addition, the user who created the budget and his/her role within COR will be displayed.
To exit this section or finish editing the budget, click on "Back to List". We can also "Export to PDF" or save the budget in order not to lose the loaded data. When clicking on "Finish" we will return to the list of budgets and the one we have generated will go to "New" status if it was in "Draft".
By clicking on "Export to PDF" we will be able to download the quotation to send it to the client:
To change the status of a budget, we must click on the three dots on the right and then on "Change Status":
We have 5 status options to assign to our budgets:
- New: These are the budgets that have not been sent to the clients yet.
- Draft: This is the status of budgets that have not been finalized after creation.
- Pending: Budget sent to the client, pending approval.
- Approved: Budget accepted by the client. When assigning it, we can indicate the approval date, which by default will have today's date selected.
- Cancelled: Budget cancelled or rejected by our client. When selecting it, either individually or massively, it will give us the option to indicate the reason.
To delete a budget, we must click on the 3 dots on the right and then on " Delete ":
It is important to note that this action is irreversible and the budget will be permanently deleted from the account. To confirm, click on "Accept":
Within the estimates section, we have the option of Bulk Actions, which will give us the option to change the status or delete multiple budgets at the same time.
To select all the budgets, we must click on the box at the top left. We can also select / deselect with the boxes on the left of each budget:
To change the status we must click on the icon with the arrows , which will open a new modal to select the new status to which the budgets will be changed.
To delete several budgets at the same time, after selecting them, we must click on the trash can icon :
It is important to note that this action is irreversible and the budgets will be deleted from the account. To confirm, we must click on "Accept":
In the General Account Settings, we can find the "Estimates Defaults" tab. There, we must add all the percentages of VAT and Taxes / Tax Stamp so that we can select them when generating an item within a budget, or when creating an internal service.
Additionally, we can assign the "HEADLINE FOR ESTIMATES", which will leave that text by default in the "Detail" of a new budget and the "FOOTER FOR ESTIMATES" which will remain in "Observations":
In order to be able to add different items to our budgets, it is essential to have previously created them as Internal Services. To access the list, create a new one or edit, deactivate or delete an existing one, we must click on the "Internal Services" box at the top right:
To add a new service, we should click on the "+New" button at the top right:
This will open a new form so that we can complete the data of our Service and/or Product offered:
- Name: Title of the Service, which will allow us to identify it in the drop-down menu of a budget.
- Code: It is an alphanumeric field that allows us to add an internal identification value.
- Sales Price: Nominal value of the cost of sale of the service or product.
- Tax: This is a dropdown, which allows us to select different taxes (expressed as a percentage) that we have previously loaded in the General Estimates Configuration section.
- Rate: This is a drop-down menu, which allows us to select different rates / tax stamps (expressed as a percentage) that we have previously loaded in the General Estimates Configuration section.
- Description: Details of the service offered.
- Status: We have the possibility of activating / deactivating a service to show / hide it when creating or editing a budget.
When we have already created a service, we can click on it from the list to modify any of the previously added values. This is useful, for example, to update the amount of the sale price after it has increased, add a new generated rate, deactivate the service, modify the code, etc.
To delete a previously created service, we must find it in the list and click on the trash can icon to the right of it:
It is important to note that this action is irreversible and after deleting a service, it will no longer appear in the drop-down menu of budget items. The budgets that previously had the service associated to it will keep the item correctly. To delete it definitively, we should click on "Accept":
When we have registered an internal service that we no longer offer, we have the option to deactivate it so that it does not appear in the "Items" drop-down menu of the budgets. In this way, we will be able to keep it to reactivate it later if necessary.