Within COR, we have the possibility to generate different project templates and grant access to specific users and teams.
In this way, we will be able to limit who can use each template along with their tasks, by setting the permissions of each user or role and assigning members or teams.
Access to templates is limited to the user being able to "VIEW" Project Templates "All", "Team" or "Only mine".
- All: The user has access to all templates in the account.
- Team: The users can access the templates in which they are a member or that a person from one of their teams is a member.
- Only Mine: The users can access the templates only if they are a member or if one of their teams is assigned to the templates.
This will enable the "Project Templates" section and the template dropdown when generating a new project:
Additionally we can assign Edit, Create and Delete permissions.
- Edit: users can modify the templates (along with their tasks) for which they have access.
- Create: users can create new templates and/or template tasks.
- Delete: users can delete any template (or any of its tasks) for which they have access.
Assigning Members and Teams
When users have limited permissions in Project Templates, i.e. they only have the "Only mine" or "Teams" option, it is necessary to assign them as members so that they can view and use them.
Within each template we will find the option "Who can use this template?" and we can select people or teams from the + button:
Clicking on the OK button will save the changes.
Therefore, people with limited permissions will only see those who are members (or their teams) in the "Project Templates" section and the template drop-down when generating a new project.
|Note: Users without permissions in Project Templates cannot access the Templates section, but they can view all of them in the project creation dropdown. This option will be removed and only users with at least one permission will be able to view them. Therefore it is necessary to set the permissions of the people we want to use the templates.|