Within COR, we have the Estimates section, which allows us to have in one place all the quotes of the products and services we offer to our customers and also to associate them to the projects we are working on.
- Creating and Editing Budgets
- Change Status
- Budget Deletion
- Bulk Actions
- General Estimates Settings
- Internal Services (Services / Products)
To create a new budget, we simply click on the "New Budget" button. This will take us to the "Info" section and a new budget will be generated in "Draft" status:
If we want to edit a budget, we must look for it in the list of the section and enter by clicking on any part of the budget or by clicking on "View" in the 3 small dots on the right:
Clicking on "New Budget", or selecting an existing budget to update it, will take us to the "Info" section.
In this section, we will have different options to add to the detail of our budget and any changes we make in these fields will be saved automatically.
- Name: This is a drop-down menu, which will allow us to select the title / type of budget we are generating.
- Client: In this dropdown, we will visualize all the active clients for which we have access.
- Brand: After selecting the client to which the budget corresponds, we will see the drop-down list with all its brands.
- Product: After selecting the brand, we will have the drop-down with the products associated to it.
- Date: This is the date of issuance / creation of the quotation. By default, "today" will be selected.
- Revision Number: We will be able to enter the number of adjustments made to the quotation.
- Jobnumber: This is a field that allows us to relate the budget to a particular project. This value can be typed in and also, if the project already exists in COR and has the "ID / Work Order" assigned, we can click on the pencil to select it in the dropdown.
- Budget Code: COR automatically assigns a budget code that is generated based on the client's initials, year of budget creation and an ascending numerical serial number.
- Task ID: This is a text field that will allow us to paste or type the ID of a task that is related to our budget.
- Currency: It is possible to select / change the currency in which the budget will be issued. The base currency will appear by default.
- Description: Details of the budget, which will appear below the title when downloading the PDF. In the section Settings > Estimates Defaults, we can save a general description to appear by default in all the estimates.
- Observations: Allows us to add final clarifications of the quotation; for example, what is included, what is not included, the validity time, etc. In the section Settings > Estimates Defaults, we can save a general observation to appear by default in all the estimates.
To exit this section or finish editing the budget, we must click on "Back to List". If we want to continue to add the detail of the budget services and/or download the PDF, we must click on "Continue" or on the "Items" or "Preview" tabs.
When we have already generated an estimate and we are in "Info", we can go to the "Items" section, by clicking on "Continue" or on the second tab with the same name. In this section, we can add the detail of each service within the budget, indicate the quantity and add / edit the unit cost to generate the total amount.
When we are inside a budget, we can go to the last tab "Preview". There we will have the budget summary and we can download the PDF to send to our clients:
By clicking on " Finalize" we will return to the list of budgets and the one we have generated will go to "New" status if it was in "Draft".
By clicking on "Export to PDF" we will be able to download the quotation to send it to the client:
To change the status of a budget, we must click on the three dots on the right and then on "Change Status":
We have 5 status options to assign to our budgets:
- New: These are the budgets that have not been sent to the clients yet.
- Draft: This is the status of budgets that have not been finalized after creation.
- Pending: Budget sent to the client, pending approval.
- Approved: Budget accepted by the client. When assigning it, we can indicate the approval date, which by default will have today's date selected.
- Cancelled: Budget cancelled or rejected by our client. When selecting it, either individually or massively, it will give us the option to indicate the reason.
To delete a budget, we must click on the 3 dots on the right and then on " Delete ":
It is important to note that this action is irreversible and the budget will be permanently deleted from the account. To confirm, click on "Accept":
Within the estimates section, we have the option of Bulk Actions, which will give us the option to change the status or delete multiple budgets at the same time.
To select all the budgets, we must click on the box at the top left:
We can also select / deselect with the boxes on the left of each budget:
To change the status we must click on the icon with the arrows , which will open a new modal to select the new status to which the budgets will be changed.
To delete several budgets at the same time, after selecting them, we must click on the trash can icon :
It is important to note that this action is irreversible and the budgets will be deleted from the account. To confirm, we must click on "Accept":
In the General Account Settings, we can find the "Estimates Defaults" tab. There, we must add all the percentages of VAT and Taxes / Tax Stamp so that we can select them when generating an item within a budget, or when creating an internal service.
Additionally, we can assign the "HEADLINE FOR ESTIMATES", which will leave that text by default in the "Detail" of a new budget and the "FOOTER FOR ESTIMATES" which will remain in " Observations.
In order to be able to add different items to our budgets, it is essential to have previously created them as Internal Services. To access the list, create a new one or edit, deactivate or delete an existing one, we must click on the "Internal Services" box at the top right:
To add a new service, we should click on the "+New" button at the top right:
This will open a new form so that we can complete the data of our Service and/or Product offered:
- Name: Title of the Service, which will allow us to identify it in the drop-down menu of a budget.
- Code: It is an alphanumeric field that allows us to add an internal identification value.
- Sales Price: Nominal value of the cost of sale of the service or product.
- Tax: This is a dropdown, which allows us to select different taxes (expressed as a percentage) that we have previously loaded in the General Estimates Configuration section.
- Rate: This is a drop-down menu, which allows us to select different rates / tax stamps (expressed as a percentage) that we have previously loaded in the General Estimates Configuration section.
- Description: Details of the service offered.
- Status: We have the possibility of activating / deactivating a service to show / hide it when creating or editing a budget.
When we have already created a service, we can click on it from the list to modify any of the previously added values. This is useful, for example, to update the amount of the sale price after it has increased, add a new generated rate, deactivate the service, modify the code, etc.
To delete a previously created service, we must find it in the list and click on the trash can icon to the right of it:
It is important to note that this action is irreversible and after deleting a service, it will no longer appear in the drop-down menu of budget items. The budgets that previously had the service associated to it will keep the item correctly. To delete it definitively, we should click on "Accept":
When we have registered an internal service that we no longer offer, we have the option to deactivate it so that it does not appear in the "Items" drop-down menu of the budgets. In this way, we will be able to keep it to reactivate it later if necessary.