For security reasons, when we create a new user or reset our COR password, it is necessary to accomplish certain requirements:
- At least 8 characters
- Be alphanumeric (i.e., at least one letter and one number)
- Have at least one upper and one lower case
- Contain a special character
If these conditions are not accomplish, an error message will be displayed:
In addition, we have the option to add more validations to the passwords of our account users. These are:
- Deprecate passwords every 60 days: This means that every 2 months the users have to generate a new password.
- Do not reuse a password in 40 restorations: The password cannot be the same as any of the last 40 that had been used before.
- Password Lock: If we type an incorrect password in 5 consecutive attempts, COR will lock us out for 15 minutes.